We all have so many things we hope to see not only on the current season of Once Upon a Time, but also the entire series. With the first half of Season 5A now complete I decided to compile my own wish list for the rest of this amazing season!! And you know what, even if I none of these happen, I will still be happy as this season really has been so fantastic. But of course there are always things we cannot help but wish for. Some of this is based on spoilers, including the sneak peak for episode 5×7 “Nimue” that was released yesterday, so be forewarned. Here is my top 10 wish list for Season 5:
- Killian says “I Love You” to Emma: In the sneak peak released yesterday, Killian finally told Emma that he loved her and we smiled and cried tears of joy. He had told her he loved in so many ways before, but never used the word love with her. In this beautiful scene, that all changes as he gives her a ring and tells her if nothing else it is a reminder that she has “a piercing eyed, smoldering pirate who loves her.” And her smile when she finally hears those words is as glorious and bright as we have ever seen. But I would still love Killian to say those three words “I Love You” to Emma. We have never heard him utter those words to anybody on screen, and something tells me they may be saving it from an upcoming dramatic scene. Brace yourself for some epic romance folks!
In the meantime let’s relive this glorious moment all over again. And if you are like me , this won’t be the first time you’ve done so 😉
- The Charmings call Killian “family”: Snow and David have already been showing their support of Emma and Killian’s relationship and his presence in the Storybrooke in general for a while now, but most of it has been silent support, expressing it through their actions. It would be lovely to hear them acknowledge more openly what he means to Emma, and even to them, but most of all, hearing them call him family would be so touching and meaningful, especially for someone who has lived for hundreds of years with no family of his own. Bonus points if one of them gives our dear captain a hug, because the only one who ever bestows this sweet gesture on him is Emma.
- More bonding and teamwork amongst multiple characters: One of things I love is when the characters all work together or we get unique team ups in episodes. There has not been nearly enough Captain Charming lately, and I already love the newly formed Captain Hood friendship. And my heart always feels so full whenever Killian and Henry team up. I also loved the new group efforts we witnessed in “Dreamcatcher” and “The Bear and the Bow” of Killian, Regina, Robin and Belle & David, Killian, Merlin, Belle, Lancelot and Merida.. These groups sound amusing from the outside but their results are always golden in my eyes, so I hope we see these continue.
- More scenes between Snow and Emma: In season 1 one of my favorite aspects was the friendship between Mary Margaret and Emma. Once the curse was broken the relationship changed as Snow went straight into mother mode. They have gone though lots of trials, and currently there has been few interactions between them. I hope to see some scenes between mother and daughter soon because they have such a special bond that deserves to be explored further.
- A True Love’s Kiss for Emma and Killian: We know that Emma and Killian truly love each other but each time a True Love’s kiss has been attempted there has been something preventing it from working, none of which having to do with how deeply they feel for each other. While this is not needed to “prove” what they feel, I think these characters deserve an epic, magical moment like this.
- Emma and Killian finally have “coffee”: If you are up on your lingo, then you know that Captain Swan “coffee” is a euphemism for the characters making love, and fans of their story have been waiting a LONG TIME to see them finally take that step in their relationship. And when it finally does happen I highly expect it to nearly break the internet. While I don’t see it happening until after Emma is freed from the darkness, I hope that once they make it through all of these trials, they will finally be able to have their moment and express their love for each other in this way. Given that this is a family friendly show, we cannot expect to see much and honestly that is fine. You can have a beautiful and sensual scene while still being subtle. I most hope to see them holding each other in their arms with adoring looks in their eyes. And if they can also fit in some time for some Netflix viewing of Back to the Future and The Princess Bride, I would smile for days.
- More sweet and meaningful moments for Regina and Robin: “In The Price” their relationship was put front and center and we could see just how much the mean to each other. Seeing Regina willing to lay down her life for him was very powerful, while the dance their shared in Camelot was as sweet as can be and so well deserved after what that have gone through. While there have been less moments lately because understandably the focus should be on Emma as The Dark Swan, I hope to see more for these soulmates in the second half of the season especially, dealing with Zelena in mature way, and maybe even getting engaged or moving in together.
- More unique backstories and character focused episodes: While I usually enjoy any and all backstories for our characters, some have become a bit repetitive. So I hope we see some more unique ones especially for characters who have had the least amount. As far as back stories, high on that list are Killian in his days in the Navy with his brother Liam, as well as his early days as a pirate, Emma’s adult life after jail, especially her time as bail bonds person, David as a shepherd, Belle before she met Rumple, Robin Hood and his supposed darker past, and the return of Bandit Snow.
- Rumple stays on the heroic path: Even though Rumple has pulled Excalibur from the stone, it is going to take much more to be a true hero because it takes one than one heroic act. He needs to continue on the path of good and work to make up for his past deeds. He has just made that first step in the right direction. Although I do love him as a villain, ultimately I would like to see him work to be the kind of man Belle believes he can be. She deserves that!
- A moment with all of our main characters together: I love the couples and unique groupings of characters but there are not often scenes where every character is involved. No matter the circumstance I would love some moments, or even a single scene, that involved everyone in a significant way because they each have something unique to offer. So please let’s see an epic scene with Emma, Killian, Snow, David, Regina, Robin, Rumple, Belle, Zelena, and Henry. While you’re at it, throw in some secondary characters, like the Dwarves, Granny, and Archie too. The season opened with a few moments like this, and it would be great to see more.
Another Captain Swan Adventure: There have certainly been many moments for the princess and the pirate already this season, but it has been a while since they had a proper adventure together, with just the two of them as the main focus of the episode. Although they had some adventurous scenes in the Season 4 finale, they last time they had a more focused type of episode was actually the Season 3 finale “Snow Drifts/There is No Place Like Home” with “New York City Serenade” and “Tallahassee” being the other two. I think it is important to balance characters and screen time and I think they have done a good job of that so far, but it would make me happy if just one episode this season featured the kind of epic adventure we have seen for these two in the past.
The Return of Familiar Faces: We already know that many familiar faces are returning soon, namely Ruby and Mulan, as well as Cora, Pan, and Sidney for the 100th episode. But there are other characters I would love to see pop up again even more including: Liam, August, Ariel, Jefferson (that one is very unlikely though), Graham, Tink, Cruella, Blackbeard, and the Frozen characters.
A Captain Swan Wedding or Proposal: Yes, I know my list has lot of these two but it’s is hard to deny the beauty that their story brings to show. There has been so much wedding foreshadowing that it would be so fitting, and extremely beautiful if these two lovebirds tied the knot or got engaged by season’s end.
Henry working as the author: I loved seeing Henry get more involved in the storylines lately, the most he has been since Season 1. Now that he is the author, he is tasked with a great amount of responsibility. I know he broke his quill, but there has to be some way around that, where he can begin recording the stories he is witnessing right before his eyes. I just love the idea of him writing stories about his family: if I ever saw him writing about Emma breaking the first curse, her falling in love with a dashing pirate, his mom Regina slowly finding redemption and love again with Robin, or his grandparents Snow and Charming becoming parents again I think I would cry.
We see the moment Killian traded the Jolly Roger to Blackbeard for a magic bean: This one is probably the least likely to happen this season, so I guess this would be on my series wishlist. But it was such an important moment for his character, and I have ALWAYS wanted to see it played out on screen.