There are a few things that have always been certain for me. One of these is that writing has been a true passion in my life, while another is that I am most definitely a “girly nerd.” I find equal love for Disney, Lord of the Rings and Star Wars as I do for Romantic Comedies and Period Dramas, as well as fashion, beauty, music, and endless other creative outlets. I have been writing for various places ever since graduating from college, the most notable being weekly reviews for the website The Nerd Machine on my favorite television show Once Upon a Time. While I will continue all my writing, especially those reviews, I wanted to create a site that combined all of these passions in one place. As Nerd Machine founder (and someone I greatly admire) Zachary Levi says, being “nerdy” simply means you are passionate about something, and there is no limit to what we can find love for. I try to have a positive outlook on life and The Girly Nerd will follow that philosophy. I believe in focusing on the joys and good things in life, and this will be true in whatever I review and share. I also believe there is an audience out there who likes to read and be engaged with things that make us happy bring us joy. Perhaps they make us think and stretch our brains as well. We should never stop learning, but that does not mean we can’t have fun while doing so. In a world that is rampant with negativity, my hope is that you find something here that you are equally passionate about and makes you smile.
What you will find here:
– Television Reviews and Articles: In addition to sharing my Nerd Machine Once Upon a Time articles, I will do additional ones for The Girly Nerd on this magical show. Articles for others shows old and new will also pop us. Netflix is a good friend!!
– Film Reviews and Recommendations: Films old and new with be a highlight here as well, ranging from fantasy and adventure to musicals and animation. Most of these will be excerpts from my forthcoming book Film From The Heart, a passion project I have been writing the past few years and will soon be seeking publication.
– Book Recommendations/Currently Reading: I have a MA in English and Children’s Literature, so you better believe I will share my love of literature here.
– Favorite Music: Every so often I will highlight a favorite artist album or song, regardless of popularity, or age. Good music is timeless. It may just lead you to a future favorite singer.
– Fashion and Beauty: Being, as a said, very girly, I love fashion and beauty and will share favorite styles, brands, and inspirations. One thing I promise is that unless specified, these will always be affordable. I believe you don’t have to break the bank to look stylish!
– Disneyland/Theme Parks/Conventions: I am lucky to be able to attend and know a great deal about these types of places and I will share any and all experiences and tips I have.
– Graphic Design/Art: In addition to writing I do also enjoy graphic design. I will share these works and there is a link to the Redbubble store where you can purchase them on multiple products on the Home page.
– Sisterly Support Network: I firmly believe in spreading love and showing support to other artists. Once or twice a month I will share the work of one of the beautiful individuals from this network. A link to the list is on the home page.
Lastly, if you enjoy what you see on the Girly Nerd and want to help keep the site up and running and allow me to give you all great content, please consider leaving a donation of any amount. A Pay Pal Donation button is located at the bottom right of the Homepage. Thank you so much!!
If you are a fellow girly nerd and believe in spreading love, light and positivity I hope you find something you enjoy here. But even if you are not “girly,” or even a girl, I hope there is something here for everyone!!
Sign up for updates here on WordPress, and follow on Twitter and Instragram!!
Love and Hugs,